Article 1. Organizer
- WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia is an international team race with start and finish in Bilbao.
- THE WALK ON PROJECT FOUNDATION presents itself as the organizer of the event, assuming the legal responsibilities that fall within its promoter profile.
Article 2. Route
- It is a circular route with departure and arrival in Bilbao, crossing the territory of Bizkaia with emblematic places of passage. The approximate total distance of the route is 226kms
- The route is divided into 19 stages of an average distance of 12 km each.
- The route map and the details of each of the stages can be consulted updated at www.wopchallenge.com
Article 3. Registrations
- The teams will be of a maximum of 12 people.
- Teams must be mixed compulsorily (at least one man and at least one woman in each team).
- The event will have a maximum of 250 teams. The extension or not of that amount will be an exclusive decision of the organization.
- The registration platform for the teams will be operational from November 29, 2021 to May 29, 2022.
- All registrations will be made through the web www.wopchallenge.com
- The prices of the inscriptions of the teams will be:
- 240 euros (until January 31, 2022)
- 280 euros (From February 1, 2022 to April 12, 2022)
- 320 euros (From April 13, 2022 to May 29, 2022)
- Registration is carried out by the coordinator of the team, providing the data and the consent form for the registration of each and every one of the team members.
“Runner without a team” registrations
- The organization allows the registration of runners without a team in the case of runners who, wanting to participate in the challenge, have not managed to form a team.
- The registration platform for individual runners will be operational from November 29, 2021 to May 22, 2022.
- All registrations will be made through the web www.wopchallenge.com
- The registration fees for runners without a team will be:
- 28 euros (until March 31, 2022)
- 35 euros (From April 1, 2022 to May 22, 2022)
- The organization does not guarantee their participation to runners without a team, but it will try to place them in teams that, having not reached the maximum number of runners, request or offer a place in them.
- The placement of runners without teams in teams will be done in order of registration.
- If it is not possible to place the runner without equipment in a team 10 days before the event, the organization will inform the runner without equipment of the situation and will proceed to refund the registration fee to the runner.
Conditions common to registrations of teams and runners without teams
- Participants must buy the day insurance offered by the organization in the registration process for an amount of 3 euros for each runner. This amount will be additional to the registration fee.
- Registration implies acceptance of all articles of the regulation by all participants.
- Registration entitles participants to participate in the event, receive a number, a geopositioning chip (one per team), an official shirt of the 2nd edition of the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia and a medal finisher for those who manage to finish the event, and the usage of the services offered by the organization.
- For logistical and production reasons, the organization does not guarantee 100% the sizes of the shirt in registrations made after April 30.
- All participants must be over 18 years of age.
- Each participant participates in the event under his entire responsibility and has a sufficient level of physical condition to finish it.
Article 4. Research minutes. TIME BONUSES
- The Walk On Project Foundation (WOP), organizer of the test, aims to promote research in therapies against neurodegenerative diseases and to disseminate and raise awareness of the reality of those affected by them. All the activity of the foundation has as its ultimate purposes, the above mentioned ones.
- WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia pursues the above goals and, thus, the organizer adds as a collective challenge to the teams the achieving of a set of minutes of research and fighting against these diseases. For this, each team can generate these minutes through the sale of tickets for the Estropatada 2022 (Duck race in the Bilbao estuary organized by the WOP Foundation itself).
- Each ticket sold by Estropatada will be contributing 10 minutes of research against these diseases. The total number of minutes generated will be published in real time on the website and communicated at the end of the event.
ADVENTURE TIME BONUSES FOR EACH TEAM: Every 5 tickets sold by a team will generate a bonus of one minute in the final ranking of the event for the team. The maximum bonus time will be one hour.
Article 5. Cancellations, exchanges and returns
- The organization will not assume any responsibility if there are factors that make it impossible to hold the event such as extraordinary weather conditions or force majeure.
- If a team does not participate in the event once registered, the race bibs cannot be transferred to another group of people who make up a new team without prior consultation with the organization.
- The race bibs are personal and nominative of each of the participants of each team and, therefore, non-transferable.
- Changes may be made to the participants in each team by the coordinator by email to email@example.com, always following the rules for registering the teams (specified in article 3 of these regulations). If, on the contrary, the definitive changes contravene the rules, the change will mean the withdrawal of the event.
- If the cancellation of the event is communicated up to 20 days before the celebration, 50% of the registration fee will be returned. The refund is made to the credit / debit card with which the payment has been made.
- The last 20 days before the test there will be no refund of the registration fee for any event including injuries, accidents, travel, changes of work shift, etc.
Article 6. Collection of race bibs and relay chip
- The organization will inform of the place and times for the withdrawal of race bibs.
- It is mandatory to present proof of registration and the DNI or Passport of the team member that collects the bibs of all the team members.
- Race bibs will not be delivered in another place or outside the official spaces and moments.
Article 7. Timing
- A timing will be carried out with which each team and each participant will know the time in which they have completed the complete distance and in each relay in their personal challenge.
- The final time of each team will be their time in the race minus the bonuses obtained (see article 4 of these regulations).
- To collect the times in an efficient way, it is important that the relay chip is well placed in the place indicated by the organization. If it is inside a backpack, a pocket, folded, etc. the detector will not work properly, running the risk of not being read and losing the time record.
- The Chip is also a security element of the race since it allows the geolocation of all the participants running at any moment, so it is important that their placement strictly follow the instructions that will be provided at the time of its collection.
- On the other hand, the personal race bib must be well placed following the provided instructions, for the control of the relays by the judges at the control points, as well as for easy identification by the photographers at the different points of the route.
- Chips must be returned to the organization after finishing the tour.
- The bibs are disposable and therefore should not be returned to the organization.
Article 8. Hours and closings of passage
- The organization will set a cut-off time at one of the control points. If a team exceeds that time at the moment of reaching that point, the team will be eliminated from the race. Both the specific control point, as well as the cut-off time will be published on the WOP:Challenge website.
- The organization will set a global maximum time for the event. Teams that have not completed the event at that time will be eliminated from the event at that moment. The maximum global cut-off time will be published on the event website.
Article 9. Relay Mechanics
- WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia is a relay team event.
- The relays are carried out exclusively at the official relay points specified in www.wopchallenge.com.
- At each of the official relay points there will be an official test station with members of the organization and judges.
- The relay element is the timing and positioning Chip of the member of each team that is performing the stage.
- All team members must do at least one complete relay. If a member of the team does not perform any relay, they will be removed from the team. If, due to this withdrawal, the team does not meet the requirement of being mixed, the team will appear in the final classifications as “not classified”.
- The same team member can perform several consecutive or alternate relays, always maintaining the obligation that all members of a team must do at least one complete relay.
- The coordinator of the team must inform the organization through the mail firstname.lastname@example.org with before the event of the people on their team who will do each of the relays.
- During race time, changes will be allowed, always after official communication to the race command center, and after its approval.
- The changes cannot imply that any of the team members do not carry out any relay. The official ways of communication(phone numbers) in race time, will be communicated to the coordinators of each team prior to the start of the race.
- In race time, in case of injury or health problem of the team member with the chip in the middle of one of the stages, he may be relieved by another member of the same team, prior communication to the race command center. This will be the only exception that will prevent the withdrawal as a member of the team and that would not imply a violation of the obligation of the mixed character of the team to obtain its final classification. In this eventuality, the next reliever of the team has to wait to have the chip and for the reliever (from another team) who was behind the injured person to reach the relay point at the time the organization becomes aware of the injury. The organization’s motorcycles will take the chip to the next relay point as soon as possible (always giving priority to safety tasks). Likewise, 45 minutes of penalty will be applied in the final time of the race to the team. If the injured runner was going to carry out a subsequent consecutive stage, the team may substitute him in those later stages.
Article 10. Supplies
- All official relay points will have an annexed refreshment point for runners who arrive as a destination or as a crossing point.
- Runners must necessarily stop in the designated areas at the official relay point if they want to use the provisioning services.
- Runners must be duly identified with the number to receive supplies.
Article 11: Services to the runner
- Provisioning stations specified in the previous point.
- At the end of the race in Bilbao, there will be a final refreshment station next to the finish area.
- T-shirt for each of the members of the teams.
- Positioning control of each reliever for their safety.
- Continuous care from the race command center.
- The Organization will recommend accommodation in hotels suggested by the Bilbao Tourist Office.
Article 12: Insurances
- The organization will have a civil liability insurance policy according to current legislation. In addition, all participants will be covered by an accident insurance policy. The policy covers the coverage required by the SPORTIVE RD 849/1993, of June 4.
- Participation in this event is under the responsibility and own risk of the participants. The participant at the time of registration, declares to be in perfect health to take part of the race.
- The organization is not responsible for the damages that the participants may cause during the race, themselves or derived from them to third parties.
Article 13: Security
- Safety on public roads will be the responsibility of the municipal police in each municipality and of the organization itself.
- The health services will be authorized to withdraw any participant for medical reasons.
- Motorized vehicles or bicycles that do not belong to the organization are strictly prohibited.
- There will be the presence of vehicles and personnel of the organization, such as Ertzaintzas, Municipal Police and the organization’s health service.
- The organizing entity will also install indicative posters, signs, arrows and duly identified volunteer personnel in the places it deems convenient and / or possible. It must be understood that these volunteers are merely an informative aid and not a mandatory condition.
- All participants in WOP Challenge Bilbao must have the mandatory day insurance with which they will be covered with medical assistance that also guarantees accident coverage (in accordance with article 3 and 12).
- The auxiliary personnel of the Organization may make decisions that affect road safety, non-compliance with these regulations and the Road Safety Law, as well as in annex number II of the current General Traffic Regulations.
- The participants will be guarded by vehicles distributed by the different areas through which the participants run.
- The Organization has designed a protocol of specific security measures that must be complied with for the COVID-19 context, which will be communicated to the participants and will be accessible on the WEB www.wopchallenge.com.
Article 14: data protection
- By registering for the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia, the participants give their consent for THE WALK ON PROJECT FOUNDATION, by itself or through third parties, to automatically process their personal data for exclusively sportive, promotional or commercial purposes. .
- In accordance with what is established in Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel completely or partial its content. To do so, a written request must be made to the FUNDACIÓN THE WALK ON PROJECT address Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 151, Lonja-Bajo, 48015, BILBAO.
- Likewise and in accordance with the sports, promotion, distribution and exploitation interests of the Bilbao-Bizkaia WOP Challenge for the whole world (reproduction of photographs of the event, publication of qualifying lists, etc …) through any device (Internet, advertising , etc …) and without time limit, the registrants expressly assign to the organization the right to reproduce the name and surname, the site obtained in the general classification and that of the participant, the category, the sports brand made and their image .
Article 15: Acceptance of the regulations
- All participants accept each of the articles of this regulation and honestly commit not to anticipate the start and to cover the entire distance before crossing the finish line.
Article 16: Obligations of the participants
- Participants accept each of the points of this regulation.
- Participants will be clearly identified at all times by the race number visibly placed.
- Participants must wear the general mandatory equipment and the specific one for the stage they are developing. The mandatory equipment can be consulted at www.wopchallenge.com
- Participants must be strictly respectful of the environment, using containers to throw away remains and wrappers, not throwing anything along the route or its surroundings.
- The teams will be autonomous regarding their logistics so that each member reaches the relay points. Team vehicles will be governed by current traffic regulations.
- Without prejudice to the rest of the obligations reflected in these regulations, participants must comply with those specified in article 8 of these regulations.
- Runners must go through each and every one of the controls, including those of departure and arrival.
- Participants must strictly comply with the security measures of the COVID-19 protocol of the test.
- Participants must participate without cheating of any kind, including, but not exclusively, those that may modify the sporting result of the event.
- Any of the following actions performed by a runner will be cause for immediate direct elimination of the his/her corresponding team: 1) Cheating by any of the team members, 2) Actions that put the safety of the event and its participants at risk, 3) Actions that harm the environment and 4) deliberately not following the indications of the organization’s personnel.
Article 17: Obligations of the persons responsible for the equipment
- Although all the participants of the teams are personally bound by their registration to comply with the test regulations, the team coordinators will ensure that all members of their team comply with it effectively.
- The coordinator of the team will be the only valid interlocutor with the organization, for organizational aspects unless it is impossible (for example, but not exclusively changes in the organization of the relays, removals or additions of members of their teams, doubts, etc. ). This single path does not affect safety, health or any other reasonable communications in race time, during which, and for these purposes and in those cases, any member of the team may contact the race command center.
- The coordinator of the team must identify a substitute in his function in the event of his indisposition.
Article 18: Rights of the organizer
- The organizing entity is not responsible for any type of accident of which the participant could be a victim or cause, as well as for any debts that may be incurred during the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia.
- The organizing entity reserves the right to modify the location of the aid stations, route, etc. when there are reasons that justify these changes. Participants will always be notified through different media.
- In the event of any incident occurring during the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia, the organization may neutralize the event.
- If force majeure (meteorological or any other type) prevent the celebration of the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia on the indicated day, the Organizer will not return the registration fee but will deliver the corresponding Welcome Pack to the runners present, offering – also- a 50% discount on the next edition.
- Regardless of the above, in the event that the test must be canceled due to covid-19, the organization will propose an alternative date, participants will be able to keep the registration for the new date or receive 100% of the registration fee (less management fees) if they so decide.
- The organizing entity reserves the right to change (delete, add or modify articles) of these regulations by legal imposition.
- The organization reserves the right of admission to the race.
- If a runner seriously breaches its obligations (Article 16). The organization may eliminate your team from the event.
- The organizing entity will provide the list of registrants to the transit authorities for the correct control of the march and the Ertzaintza / DGT will have the power to generate a black list for these participants who do not obey the orders of the transit authorities.
- The participant authorizes the organization of WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia to record all or part of their participation, gives their consent so that their image can be used for the promotion and dissemination of the image of the event in all its forms ( radio, press, video, photo, DVD, internet, posters, media, etc.) and assigns all rights related to its commercial and advertising exploitation that they consider appropriate to execute, without the right on their part to receive any financial compensation.
- The participant accepts that their data may be transferred exclusively for activities necessary for the correct execution of the internal management and administration of the Organizer. Likewise, the participant accepts that the Organizer may direct them information about news, procedures or services that affect the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia. The acceptance of the participant so that their data can be processed or transferred in the form of this paragraph, is always revocable, without retroactive effects, as provided in articles 6 and 11 of Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13 .
- The participants in the WOP Challenge Bilbao-Bizkaia, by registering, give their consent for THE WALK ON PROJECT FOUNDATION, by itself or through third parties, to automatically process and exclusively for sports, promotional or commercial purposes, their data from personal character. In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel all or part of their content. . To do so, you must request it in writing at THE WALK ON PROJECT FOUNDATION Avda Lehendakari Aguirre 151, Lonja – Bajo 48015 -Bilbao.